Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Americans on the US Postal Service please?

Help please as I am in UK. I want to order a few items in the US costing 50.00 and shipping they have offered me for delivery to Africa is by United States Postal Service. A) Priority Mail International at 52.00 and B) Global Express Gauranteed at 138.00. I have assumed they are both sent Airmail as they both offer delivery within a week BUT the Global option seems to me, to be traceable by the word gaurantee in its title.Do you know if the Priority is traceable too? I would like my parcel traceable - here we call it 'Recorded' and pay to add it on top of both Local %26amp; Airmail and it is very good at preventing 'sticky fingers' along the way. Do you know what would be my safest option - I'm not too fussed on delivery within a month and I can't afford the further shipping options. Many thanks.Americans on the US Postal Service please?
I have not used Global Express, however I can tell you that the USPS shipping will be:

1.) cheaper

2.) slower

3.) not provide any tracking throughout the shipment. You will be alerted when your item ships and when your item arrives. Nothing available in between.



As someone that has shipped both domestically and internationally with USPS, if you have an option to ship with a carrier that offers consistent tracking, I would take it. That's a long way for a package to go and get lost. Basically, I think you are better off paying a little more money now to avoid additional money and heartaches later.Americans on the US Postal Service please?
What they offered you is correct to my experience. i ship to foreign countries from the USA. Priority does NOT offer tracking once it leaves the USA on the way to Africa unless you purchase additional options for some countries. Africa is big, would need to verify the country. Global says it, and yes it is traceable. I would suggest reading the accurate details on the USPS website.
  • online puzzle games
  • what is computer
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment