Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Can I legally send a set of diving equipment as a Christmas present to Singapore through USPS Int'l Postal?

I am in the US and I intend to send a set of Buoyancy Control Device, a set of backplate system and a set of buoyancy wings to my friend in Singapore as a Christmas present through USPS international postal service.



However when I checked out USPS website, they had this fine print that states, "*GXG, Priority Mail International Flat-Rate Envelope and Small Flat-Rate Box, and First-Class Mail International are not available for items requiring an Export License under U.S. Law."



It seems to me that diving equipment are in the controlled items list under US laws.



1. My question is that would this regulation apply to my situation? (Since I'm only just sending 1 set of each diving equipment here as a Christmas gift and I'm not exporting/sending multiple identical items.)



2. Would my package get accepted and posted by USPS in this case?



Kindly advise. Thanks! :)Can I legally send a set of diving equipment as a Christmas present to Singapore through USPS Int'l Postal?
You can find the controlled items list at http://www.bis.doc.gov/. This is the U. S. Industry and Security Bureau. You should be able to send such common dive equipment under EAR99. Check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment