Saturday, March 10, 2012

Get in and out of country as an temporary permanent resident! help?

I am planning to visit Brazil soon.



I was technically illegal, but an International Student on College in Las Vegas, paying out-states tuition with I-20 approved by USCIS and everything...Nothing done illegally except the postal service delay the delivery of my “Application To Extend my stay” and even after that I continuously being a student.



What docs do I need to present when I live and when I came back?



Actually I got married a year ago to an US American. I asked for a parole (Form I-131, Application for Travel Document) but they never give me the answer and basically told me the green card is enough. I do not believe so. Please tell me what should do in case they stop me to get back to my husband and what docs should I present? I cannot wait more 3 years to get a citizenship! ThanksGet in and out of country as an temporary permanent resident! help?
I am not sure I understand. You say that 'green card is enough'. Do you have a valid green card? Because that plus proper ID would be enough. However, international students don't typically have a green card.Get in and out of country as an temporary permanent resident! help?
fast pece please tell me what school give I-20 a japanese frien wants to move to las vegas but has study visa you know how that is she needs a cheap school that is able to give I-20 write to ayverson_de_yi@yahoo.com.mx

Report Abuse

Get in and out of country as an temporary permanent resident! help?
You were given accurate information: Your I-551 Permanent Resident Card (along with your foreign passport) is enough for you to regain entry into the United States. Just check on stay requirements; you can only stay away for so long (6 months?) before your green card is revoked.



If you do NOT have the I-551 Permanent Resident Card, get together with your husband NOW, go to www.uscis.gov, fill out and send:



G-325a - Biographical

I-130 - petition for alien relative

I-131 - petition for advance parole

I-485 - petition for change of status to Permanent Resident

I-765 - petition for work permit



To the USCIS office service your area - read the form directions.



NOTE: Write a check to pay for the forms' application fees SEPARATELY - do NOT write one check for all. If you do and one form is wrong they reject everything and return it to you...and you lose 6-8 weeks.



You should get acknowledgement receipts within 30-45 days, giving you receipt numbers and thus enabling you to access your petitions' progress over the internet.



You should get the work permit and travel papers in 90-120 days, although if you go to your LOCAL USCIS office with some VERY convincing documentation of a family emergency AND a plane ticket already paid for, they can usually give you travel papers in about a week.



At about the same time you will be given an appoint ment for your biometrics, and about 12-15 months after initial filing you will get an appointment for your final interview with the USCIS who will decide if you are to become a Permanent Resident right then and there.
I would HIGHLY recommend talking to whomever is necessary to get written proof (or as close as possible) that you'll have no trouble upon re-entering the U.S.



Since 9-11, there have been countless horror stories about getting back in, particularly serious since (even if it's not your fault) you're technically in violation of the procedure.



Call INS (I'm sure you've done that a thousand times but go there if you have to) and get the straight scoop.







qwerty

No comments:

Post a Comment