Wednesday, March 7, 2012

How long does it take a letter to get from the United States to Mexico?

I am from Minnesota and am sending cards to my girlfriend who lives near Guadalajara, Mexico. How long would it probably take to arrive there? Also, if I wanted to send a package/large envelope to her, what would be the best way? I have used the regular postal service and it seems to take anywhere from a month to never to get there. However, UPS, Fedex, and DHL are sure to charge a fortune. Anyone with experience or expertise in international mailing have any advice?How long does it take a letter to get from the United States to Mexico?
You have the picture already. Two weeks to forever for a letter sent through the regular mail service. Fed-ex and DHL cost a fortune...those are your two main choices. What a lot of us who ive in Mexico do is send things back and forth with people we know who are makng a trip to the ststes or coming to Mexico from the states...if you know anyone doing that. There are many Americans living in and near Guadalajara that do this. Sorry, but that's all there is.How long does it take a letter to get from the United States to Mexico?
Officially two weeks though it could take forever. Usually in my experience it will take less than 1 month though. A slightly more expensive way to do it but still cheaper than DHL is to send it as priority mail that is registered in a database. The cost can be quite a bit of a pain (maybe 7 dollars insetad of just a few dollars) but the letter will arrive and it will arrive in less than 7 days. I recently sent and important postage to Europe from Mexico City this way. Instead of costing me 1.50 US, it cost me almost 30 dollars, but the letter did arrive in the time the post office told me it would arrive.



DHL will cost you 40 dollars but it will send the letter in less than 2 days without fail.How long does it take a letter to get from the United States to Mexico?
It's hard to say. I know that mailing a letter from Texas to Monterrey can take up to two weeks, I'm assuming longer for the distance you're sending. Packages containing valuables are less likely to delivered, unfortunately. I think there's about a 65% success rate.

1 comment: