Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Is this a scam website?

www.directsupercenter.com



I placed an order with them, they didnt confirm my payment. About 2-3 weeks later I got a confirm e mail saying my order was being shipped. I replied with a question and got a reply with a G-Mail e mail address. Also im not sure about that mcafee direct security cert in the top corner of the website.

And the last thing that makes me suspicious is that on the 9th of March I got a tracking number for USPS

I just checked again today and was given this info on the USPS website when I logged in the tracking number:

______________________________________鈥?br>
Class: First-Class Mail International

Service(s): International Letter

Status: Electronic Shipping Info Received



The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on March 9, 2010 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.



The shipping info has been received

______________________________________鈥?br>


To me it doesn't look like there is any record of anything being shipped yet..



My creditcard has just been charged too.



Wish I knew whether this was a legit site or not, that G-mail e mail address really makes me suspicious..Is this a scam website?
Well, it seems like a slow, small company (hence the slow shipping and gmail address). But it sounds legit. Your order is being shipped. That USPS tracking number message is exactly the same first one I get when I buy from a bigger site like Amazon, Newegg, Ebay, etc.



But from the looks of the website and the lack of information on Google about it, I wouldn't have tried buying something from it at first. I would have sent an email to Customer Service about a bogus order and see if they would actually try to help you. If they do help, then it's legit and you can place your order. If you don't receive an answer, go to a different website.



Either way, you lucked out because the shipment is coming. It'll take some time, though. Keep checking back with the USPS tracking info and it will tell you when they receive the package at each post office (the one they sent it from, and the one in your town).



Good luck with your, um, dietary stuff...



Lucien Briscoe
Most of the time with companies, they don't charge you automatically. Usually the charge doesn't come till the product leaves the warehouse. So as i expect they are probably a legit company. But I'm not an affiliate of there nor do i know there standingIs this a scam website?
Call your credit card immediately and

refuse payment.



If any merchandise is recieved, take

it back to the post office as non-requested shipping.



NEVER underestimate your intuition. If it feels

like a scam, it probably is.
hey if it charged two times it is a scam..Is this a scam website?
i once was cheated on ebay..

1 comment:

  1. Have you tried to take a look at this- http://verify1st.com/directsupercenter.com ? Our data shows that the domain has quite good reputation all through out of its 6 years of existence. We can show you the website's reputation and real identity so there's no need for you to waste a long period of time searching around in Google. Hope this helps you.

    Judy Marie Papa
    Community Help for Verify1st.com
    Which websites can you trust?

    ReplyDelete