Sunday, March 4, 2012

Question about International mail and travelling days?

I know, 100%, that International mail DOES travel during weekends. One Friday, I posted an Airmail letter to my friend in North America. It was posted from Scotland, UK. To my greatest (happiest) shock, she received my letter the following Monday...only THREE DAYS from the day I posted my letter to her.



Since my letter travelled all the way over to my friend from Scotland, UK, to North America, USA, there is NO WAY that that could have been possible, unless it travelled during the weekend (which, obviously, it did).



The Royal Mail (my country's main, local postal service) always tell their customers not to count Saturdays and Sundays as travelling days, as International mail only travels during weekends.



But, that is definitely not true.



Does anyone know why postal workers keep telling their customers that International mail never travels during weekends, when it's obvious that it does? This is just my very curious nature that I wish to please, but I just don't get it.



Why do postal workers say that International mail never travels on weekends when it DOES? Again, since I once posted a letter to my friend that travelled all the way over from Scotland, UK, to North America, USA, there is just NO WAY that it could have reached her the following Monday (only three days after posting) if that were the case.



I'm just so curious!



Thanks.Question about International mail and travelling days?
it's all a matter of timing.



Mail is carried on many passenger flights and they do fly on the weekends. It appears that you mail was lucky enough to make it out of the Royal Mail's hands and into the commercial sector prior to the weekend. Royal Mail can only speak for themselves, if it was still in their hands, it would not have moved!



Consider yourself fortunate and lucky!

mQuestion about International mail and travelling days?
There is no guarantee that the item will travel during the weekend. yours got on to a plane that went on the weekend. most post offices (in US) do not work on the weekend, so the mail would pile up if a lot came in on the weekend. there is no one there to sort it for the carriers.

They say "never" because it is not guaranteed. You got lucky that time I think. It like companies that specify that it will take "7 working days" for a delivery.
  • art games
  • sailboats for sale
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment