Wednesday, March 7, 2012

I recently sold an item on eBay, the buyer keeps insisting I "declare" a certain price with the USPS?

I recently sold an item on eBay, the buyer keeps insisting I "declare" a certain lower price with the USPS before I ship. I am shipping international to Brazil. Is there something I'm missing, or is this a bit shaky?



I've never had any issues with the postal service before, nor have I had to tell them any price. I'm a bit confused. Thanks!I recently sold an item on eBay, the buyer keeps insisting I "declare" a certain price with the USPS?
He's going to have to pay taxes on the item when it arrives in Brazil. The tax will be based on what you declare.



Tell them the correct price. It's actually illegal to do otherwise.I recently sold an item on eBay, the buyer keeps insisting I "declare" a certain price with the USPS?
It has to go through customs in Brazil which can be difficult anyway but the lower dollar amount on the lower on the radar it is. Nothing skaky about it at all. It is just to make it easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment