Wednesday, March 7, 2012

What can I do if a buyer scammed me through PayPal?

On August 3, 2010 I sold 3 Apple Ipad's to a guy in China. He sent me a payment through PayPal of $2100. I mailed the 3 Ipad's in one box via International Express Mail with insurance on August 5, 2010. The package was supposed to arrive by August 12. On August 14, the buyer contacted me and told me that he did not receive the package yet. After checking the tracking, I found it was being held in the Republic of China Customs. On Sept. 12, the buyer contacted PayPal and made a claim. I provided proof of shipment, but eventually PayPal sided with the buyer, and refunded the $2100 to the buyer. On October 15, China Customs released the package and delivered it to the buyer. I immediately contacted PayPal with this and demanded my money be returned to my account. PayPal said they would request that the money be returned by the buyer. The buyer however, is still saying that the package was not ever delivered to him. It is now December 26, 2010, and after several phone calls to PayPal, I am still getting nowhere and I am still out $2100. PayPal is not even trying to help at this point. I even tried to get the United States Postal Service International department to help in the matter, but they tell me they are no longer responsible because the package is being shown as delivered. What are my options? Or do I even have any? Any help would be greatly appreciated.What can I do if a buyer scammed me through PayPal?
That is a terrible situation. Ebay should not have closed the case so abruptly. Obviously the buyer did not pay the Chinese customs duty on the items, or he outfoxed you. Sorry you sold to someone there. You have proof of insurance which you have 6 months to claim, so if buyer is still claiming he has not received your items, you can file an insurance claim and try to blame it on the post office. You dont have to mention anything about China customs. Keep a copy of the buyer's email about not receiving the items. I know how you feel as this happened to me.

If you told Ebay that the buyer received the item according to customs in China, how is it that the buyer is saying he did not received the items. If you follow this strategy, you can prove that the Chinese postal services did deliver the item, then you can go back to Ebay and tell them.

I am sure you wont sell to someone in China again. I have blocked all of Asia except Japan.What can I do if a buyer scammed me through PayPal?
You could take paypal to small claims court and take the buyer to court or threaten to take the buyer to court. It would be hard to sue the buyer since he lives in China.

No comments:

Post a Comment