Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Why are shipping charges so expensive now?

I've been selling things on ebay since 1999 and live in the USA.

Within the last couple months I've noticed shipping charges (especially overseas) have jumped to incredibly expensive rates!! Going by my old shipping rates, I ended up having to pay an additional $40 for two packages going overseas (ouch, I hurt!) because the postal service no longer provides the cheaper rates I had been so used to.



What's up with this? Why is shipping suddenly SO expensive for international shipments? Why is the postal service no longer providing the cheaper rates?Why are shipping charges so expensive now?
This last postal rate increase made a huge jump on shipping charges. It was especially a large jump for packages of any size. You might need to check into using something besides the postal service for other shipping, such as UPS or Fed Ex.

No comments:

Post a Comment