Saturday, March 10, 2012

Package held in US Customs ?

Hello everyone,



I have just checked the tracking number of a package my friend in Florida is mailing me to Spain using USPS and I am getting this information on the USPS website:



Class: Priority Mail International Parcels

Service(s): International Parcels

Status: Held in US Customs



Your item is being held in US Customs for further inspection.



Track and Confirm

Enter Label/Receipt Number.



Detailed Results:



Bullet Held in US Customs

Bullet Sent to U.S. Customs by U.S. Postal Service

Bullet Acceptance, June 16, 2009, 11:49 am,



--------------------------------------鈥?br>


What does exactly mean "held in custom" ?? I received lots of packages from USA and I don't remember them being held at the US customs before departing to their destination.



It was my birthday a few days ago and my friend is mailing me some crafted things: one primitive doll she made and other scrap-booking things. All things are gifts she made herself sewing or painting, so not totally sure why US customs needs to check the contents of the package as there is nothing weird in it.



1) any ideas how long will it take the package to get out from the Customs office ??



2) and it is possible to get the telephone number or an email contact to the US customs in the Florida area ?? ...i looked on google but couldn't find anything at all.



Thanks for the help provided !!!

Regards,Package held in US Customs ?
Packages in and out of the US go through Customs, and can sit there a while. I had 3 large rugs shipped to me from Turkey, and they sat in the New York Customs warehouse for a couple of weeks. I presume they x-rayed them -- the package had not been opened when it arrived at my house. I don't know that it is possible to hurry it along, but you should find contact information on the US Customs web site, or just ordinary Directory Assistance for Miami.
  • black ops zombie maps
  • steaks
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment