Sunday, March 4, 2012

US Postal Service lost my package being sent to Russia?

Had to send a package to a family member in Russia which had a phone worth about $150 inside. I went to my post office, filled out the custom forms and everything, and then asked for insurance and tracking. The lady pretty much talked me out of it, telling me how there is no reason to get the additional insurance an tracking and that it would come out to 40+ dollars, and that the person would still get the package. So I payed the 11.50 or whatever it is for express international and sent it on its way Oct. 30th. Today, Dec. 6th, my family member said that the item had yet to come in. What can I do to try and find my package? The day I sent it, the NE (I'm in Connecticut) was hit with a snowstorm and we were a few days without power. Could it have gotten messed up in that time? Will I ever see the item or will it ever get to Russia for my family?US Postal Service lost my package being sent to Russia?
Wait.



1 month and 6 days is not a reason to panic for Russian post before New Year holidays and for parcel without tracking number. If it doesn't come in 2 months than it is really worrying.

Without tracking 2 months is perfect time.



I think it will come. Just be patient.

No comments:

Post a Comment