Sunday, March 4, 2012

Postal Service:What if I put a stamp on a greeting card that's going to Ukraine and the stamp comes off?

What if I put a stamp on a letter/greeting card that's going to Ukraine and the stamp comes off? I mailed it on Saturday,January 22.2011. If the stamp comes off,how long should it take to return to me? (That was 5 days ago).Also,I put a $0.70 stamp and a $0.28 stamp on a greeting card going to Poland and the post office postmarked it. What if those stamps come off? It seems it should still get there since it's just a greeting card,it shouldn't have to go through customs! You don't need to lick these stamps!You don't need international postage! US postage/USA stamps worked when I sent a Christmas Card to this lady in Ukraine in December,2010. Also,my great Aunt in Canada told me the stamp came off on a letter I sent her and she got it.The stamps most have been postmarked when I sent the letter to Canada. If it's postmarked and you can see part of the postmark on the envelope,she should get the letter/greeting card,otherwise,the post office would be ripping us off! My friend in Ukraine got the Christmas card in December and I used USA stamps.Postal Service:What if I put a stamp on a greeting card that's going to Ukraine and the stamp comes off?
Hun, calm down, for a start it's only been 5 days. I am in the UK and takes 5 days for my letters and packages to get to Ireland!!! Weather can also have an affect on delivery times. Just because it took under a week before xmas doesn't mean to say it will on the dot every single time.

Next, while you say you don't need international postage, whenever I post out of the UK, we have to put airmail stickers on the letters, so perhaps your card is taking longer because it's not airmail and being sent by surface mail!

Next:
A letter will take time to be returned to you because it's not a priority, may take several weeks. Have you even put a return address on it?

Now, IF a stamp does come off or there is not enough postage, they will still deliver the letter but the person who the letter is for, will have to pay for it when they get it!

Lastly, ALL international mail goes though customs and is X Rayed! What, you don't think a birthday card couldn't contain anthrax???

Sorted??Postal Service:What if I put a stamp on a greeting card that's going to Ukraine and the stamp comes off?
I'm pretty sure you're worrying about nothing. Stamps almost NEVER come off. Since you say one came off a letter that you sent to Canada, the chances of *another* stamp coming off *another* letter that you mail are very, very small. Please don't worry. The card will get there. Really.Postal Service:What if I put a stamp on a greeting card that's going to Ukraine and the stamp comes off?
Believe it or not, Western stamps sometimes get stolen in Eastern Europe and then the card gets thrown away (after being opened)

When sending letters or cards to Eastern Europe always ask the post office to weigh it and use a metered stamp. When they ask why (and they will) just tell them that stamps get stolen once the letters arrives there.

BTW, the stamps are stolen and then sold to collectors there.

No comments:

Post a Comment