Sunday, March 4, 2012

US Postal Service - should I purchase the insurance when shipping a parcel to Europe?

What is the difference between Priority Mail庐 International Ordinary Indemnity and Priority Mail庐 International Insurance . I know the first one is included in the shipping price and the second one I would have to purchase. Is it better to purchase the International Insurance? I have had parcels gone missing (presumably stolen) when I shipped stuff to Europe before. Thanks, and 10 guaranteed points to best answer.



http://www.usps.com/international/intlspecialservices.htm#H3US Postal Service - should I purchase the insurance when shipping a parcel to Europe?
Indemnity is a one size fits all policy. The value is set based on weight and may not cover the actual value of the shipment.



International insurance is purchased according to the value of the item shipped.



You can determine the amount of indemnity to see if it covers the value of your shipment. If so, use this as it is free.



If the item shipped is worth more than the indemnity amount, purchase the correct amount of insurance for a small fee.

No comments:

Post a Comment